!!> Read ➹ No One is Illegal ➼ Author Justin Akers Chacón – 9tvuk.us

No One is Illegal A Rare Combination Of An Author, Mike Davis Is Rachel Carson And Upton Sinclair All In One Susan Faludi Davis Writing Is Perceptive And Rigorous David Montgomery, The Nation Davis Work Is Brilliant, Provocative, And Exhaustively Researched The Village Voice Davis Work Is Eloquent And Passionate Tariq Ali No One Is Illegal Debunks The Leading Ideas Behind The Often Violent Right Wing Backlash Against ImmigrantsCountering The Chorus Of Anti Immigrant Voices, Mike Davis And Justin Akers Chac N Expose The Racism Of Anti Immigration Vigilantes And Put A Human Face On The Immigrants Who Risk Their Lives To Cross The Border To Work In The United StatesDavis And Akers Chac N Challenge The Racist Politics Of Vigilante Groups Like The Minutemen, And Argue For A Pro Immigrant And Pro Worker Agenda That Recognizes The Urgent Need For International Solidarity And Cross Border Alliances In Building A Renewed Labor MovementWriter, Historian, And Activist Mike Davis Is The Author Of Many Books, Including City Of Quartz, The Ecology Of Fear, The Monster At Our Door, And Planet Of Slums Davis Teaches In The Department Of History At The University Of California At Irvine, And Lives In San Diego Davis Is The Recipient Of The Carey McWilliams Award And The World History Association Book AwardJustin Akers Chac N Is Professor Of US History And Chicano Studies In San Diego, California He Has Contributed To The International Socialist Review And The Book Immigration Opposing Viewpoints Greenhaven Press

Is a well-known author, some of his books are a fascination for readers like in the No One is Illegal book, this is one of the most wanted Justin Akers Chacón author readers around the world.

!!> Read ➹ No One is Illegal  ➼ Author Justin Akers Chacón – 9tvuk.us
  • Paperback
  • 240 pages
  • No One is Illegal
  • Justin Akers Chacón
  • English
  • 21 March 2019
  • 1931859353

10 thoughts on “No One is Illegal

Reflecting on my time in the ISO, this is one of the few Haymarket books I read that is worth slightlythan the paper it is printed on Even so, after Mike Davis section on the history of vigilantism in California, the rest of the book is the typically party linish fluff that you could hear from the mouth of any ISO apparatchik That Justin Akers Chacon wrote the second half of this book is irrelevant, it could have been any member who has been around the organization long enough for the p Reflecting on my time in the ISO, this is one of the few Haymarket books I read that is worth slightlythan the paper it is printed on Even so, after Mike Davis section on the history of vigilantism in California, the rest of the book is the typically party linish fluff that you could hear from the mouth of any ISO apparatchik That Justin Akers Chacon wrote the second half of this book is irrelevant, it could have been any member who has been around the organization long enough for the process of osmosis to allow them to adequately regurgitate the ISO s position on this issue Not to say that the analysis is wholly bad it is useful, for example, in debunking many of the right wing myths regarding immigration and undocumented workers , it is just that the ISO s approach to organizing informs its conclusions making it seemlike a party line handbook than a genuine piece of historical or political analysis Even so, kudos to Mike Davis for not making me completely regret spending 20 bucks on this book

I have learned SO MUCH about the history of our immigration laws as well as how all different kinds of immigrants have been treated since the birth of the United States As I m trying to shape my own views on the whole immigration issue that has been circling the main stream media lately this book has really helped me understand where the issues are coming from, the history behind them I ve always heard that the knowledge of history helps an individual keep from repeating the bad parts Maybe i I have learned SO MUCH about the history of our immigration laws as well as how all different kinds of immigrants have been treated since the birth of the United States As I m trying to shape my own views on the whole immigration issue that has been circling the main stream media lately this book has really helped me understand where the issues are coming from, the history behind them I ve always heard that the knowledge of history helps an individual keep from repeating the bad parts Maybe it should be a government mandate that all employees must read a few books including this one on the HISTORY of immigration in different parts of our country I m having a hard time finishing this book because 1 it is very sad and 2 it is technically a history book I can only read one chapter at a time or else it s hard for me to grasp what s going on and keep my emotions at bay This book is not for people who enjoy ignorance

I d say 3.5 stars, mainly because I felt that many parts of the book were too brief, and that, overall, the tone, though justifiably outraged, just didn t seem scholarly To be honest, my feelings on this matter are conflicted and complicated, but I ll just leave it at that.

Immigration law and deportation have been crafted and implemented over the years not to streamline citizenship or stop immigration but to permanently fragment the working class The comprehensive appropriation of the state apparatus of immigration control by capital has created the illegal worker, and entirely artificial construction whose sole purpose is to deprive the international American working class of its democratic rights.p 199Their main goal is not to protect the physical borders Immigration law and deportation have been crafted and implemented over the years not to streamline citizenship or stop immigration but to permanently fragment the working class The comprehensive appropriation of the state apparatus of immigration control by capital has created the illegal worker, and entirely artificial construction whose sole purpose is to deprive the international American working class of its democratic rights.p 199Their main goal is not to protect the physical borders of the United States their primary political objectives haveto do with protecting the borders of white privilege and the notions of citizenship that are being transcended by a global society Robert Lovatop 254through 2002, undocumented migrants have contributed up to 463 billion to Social Security.p 166

Mixture of informative social history of the US south west and its class struggles over immigration and rather strident agit prop Read it over a week when I was due to watch, and provide comment as a discusaant, a screen of Welcome to Shelbyville Helped me to clarify throughts on the whole US as a country built by migrants bit which is obviously true by terribly soft focus, rose tinted stuff.

I actually couldn t finish reading this I read 50 pages in and despite the fact that this is a subject I m very interested in and fully support, I couldn t take all the incendiary vocabulary I wanted to read the facts and decide for myself how I felt about the situation Instead, I was guided from the get go into thinking lawmakers were monsters I didn t appreciate that Lots of good information, but again, the diction just turned me off.

This book is extremely informative on the history of immigration I enjoyed how the book was split into sections and also the authors objectivity It isn t extremely detailed but it does give a great overview of all of the issues The ending could be a bit controversial when they suggest that socialism is the only way to end immigration issues and racism, but it didn t override the purpose of the book I highly recommend this book

Have read about half so far Is interesting to find out about the history of white vigilantism against migrant workers who dared to organise themselves in the early US west coast days through to current day fascist groups putting the lives of immigrants at risks, immigrants who have come to the US thanks to the pursuit of neoliberal policies from their governments pushed by the US government.

amazing easy to read book about the history of immigrant struggles it was amazing to me how a certain group would be vilified at one point only to be embraced later when another group was hated this happened wit the chinese, japanese, filipino etc etc etc

four stars just cause i like mike davis.